Injecting Chaos in AWS CloudWatchMore Tutorials
September 20th, 2019
ChaosIQ experiments are run through Chaos Toolkit. When targeting AWS systems for your experiments, the Chaos Toolkit AWS extension offers a large set of activities for AWS services. This page lists all activities specific to Amazon CloudWatch.
CloudWatch is Amazon's monitoring and observability service. It provides users with data and insights to monitor applications.
- Enable or disable a CloudWatch rule,
- Create, update or delete a CloudWatch event rule,
- Create, update or delete rule targets.
- Get the state value of an alarm,
- Get a given metric statistics.
More information and examples
Other AWS Services
The AWS extension currently offers actions and probes to target EC2, ECS, IAM, AWS Lambda, CloudWatch, EKS, RDS, and elbv2.