Injecting Chaos in AWS EC2More Tutorials
September 20th, 2019
ChaosIQ experiments are run through Chaos Toolkit. When targeting AWS systems for your experiments, the Chaos Toolkit AWS extension offers a large set of activities for AWS services. This page lists all activities specific to Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2).
EC2 is a web service by Amazon that provides resizable compute capacity for web-scale cloud computing.
- Start or restart instances,
- Stop a single or multiple instances,
- Terminate a single or multiple instances,
- Attach a previously detached EBS volume to its associated EC2 instance,
- Detach a random EBS volume.
- Count instances,
- Describe instances,
- Get an instance state.
More information and examples
- Stop a filtered EC2 instance
- Stop a named EC2 instance
- Stop Random EC2 instance in an Availability Zone
- Terminate a random ASG instance
Other AWS Services
The AWS extension currently offers actions and probes to target EC2, ECS, IAM, AWS Lambda, CloudWatch, EKS, RDS, and elbv2.