Injecting Chaos in KubernetesMore Tutorials
September 18th, 2019
ChaosIQ experiments are run through Chaos Toolkit. When targeting Kubernetes systems for your experiments, the Chaos Toolkit Kubernetes extension allows you to build experiments with specific activities.
The Kubernetes extension allows you to run various action on your nodes and pods, as well as collect informations from the system during the experiment through probes.
- Create or delete nodes,
- Drain nodes,
- Cordon or un-cordon nodes.
- List existing nodes in your cluster.
- Terminate pods.
- Count pods,
- Lookup for pods matching different conditions or phases,
- Read logs for selected pods.
More information and examples
- Delete a Kubernetes node by name
- Delete a random Kubernetes node
- Delete all nodes of a Kubernetes cluster
- Drain a Kubernetes node
- Kill a Kubernetes pod