Mastering the Chaos Toolkit Open API and writing custom extensions
This workshop will walk you through the internal mechanics of Chaos Toolkit's Open API and teach you how to write custom extensions.
Maybe you are using custom internal tools that you would like to inject turbulence to. Or you want to add new probes and actions to an existing open-source extension.
Chaos Toolkit's powerful Open API allows for virtually unlimited extendability and lets you control and interact with any provider's system.
What you will learn
- Chaos Toolkit's Open API principles
- How to extend an existing Open Source extension and submit your changes to the community
- How to create your own custom Chaos Toolkit extension
- You're a software developer who needs to start taking responsibility for your code in production.
- You're a site reliability engineer (SRE) with a little experience managing production, and you want to be proactive about finding system weaknesses before your customers do.
- You're a system administrator who is responsible for the availability of production, and you need a proactive technique for surfacing system weaknesses before your customers experience them.
- You're a product owner who is responsible for delivering a business-critical product or service, and you want to learn how to gain trust and confidence in your system’s reliability.
- You're a DevSecOps engineer who needs a technique and tools to support discovering, capturing, sharing, and collaborating on security weaknesses.
- A GitHub account
- A machine with the Chaos Toolkit installed
There are currently no upcoming sessions, but you can contact us to book a private session.